Key workers in Streatham & Tooting:
We can help you with childcare.
Following on from our Coronavirus Update, we’re reaching out to ‘key workers’ in the Streatham & Tooting areas. If you require childcare during the COVID-19 lock-down, we can help.
“If you need childcare in the London SW16 or SW17 area of London and are what the Government are categorising as a ‘Key Worker’, we can help with nursery places for your children.”
What is a Key Worker?
Loosely speaking a key worker, as defined by the Government, is anyone whose work is “critical to the COVID-19 response”. It also includes people working in one of the “critical sectors”. These are categories that they see as essential to keep the UK safe and the economy and infrastructure functioning. Where children of key workers cannot safely be cared for at home, they will be “prioritised for education provision”. That means eligibility for childcare at nurseries and pre-schools like Little Cedars Day Nursery and Beechcroft Day Nursery.
- NHS staff and those working in health and social care, we can help you with nursery places for your children.
- Teachers, childcare workers and education professionals, we can offer your child a nursery place.
- Emergency services, MoD staff, armed forces critical to the response to the coronavirus pandemic and prison/probation staff, we can offer childcare for your children.
- Workers in national or local government essential to the COVID-19 response: we have a place in our nursery for your children.
- Transport and delivery workers may also be eligible for childcare in our London nurseries.
- If you work in banking/finance, IT, postal services, delivery, utilities like oil, gas, electricity and water: we can also help with a nursery place for your child.
The list of eligible key worker categories is thankfully large, so those were just a few examples. To check whether you’re eligible for a childcare during the lock-down, check the full list of eligible key workers. Then get in touch with us (see below).
A Nursery/Pre-school for children of key workers in London SW16/SW17
We’ll temporarily operate from Tooting Bec during the lock-down. As we mentioned in our last post, Little Cedars Day Nursery (Streatham) has temporarily joined forces with our sister nursery Beechcroft Day Nursery. This is very close by (just a 7 minute drive) at 83 Beechcroft Road, London SW17 7BN (Tooting Bec). The partnership will only be for the duration of the Government’s emergency measures. Both nurseries will be operating at that single Tooting Bec address (we’re all part of the same team anyway). Childcare will be available only for children of Key Workers during the lock-down.
Childcare for children from 3 months to 5 years
We can help key workers with a nursery/pre-school place if their child is between 3 months old and 5 years of age. Our standard childcare fees apply. We also continue to accept most ‘free childcare’ vouchers. (Learn more about Government funded childcare options here).
Get in touch with us to take the next step
If you are a key worker and require childcare at our nursery and pre-school, please get in touch. Leave a message for Little Cedars staff at 020 8677 9675 or call our Beechcroft Nursery direct on 020 8767 5501. You can also email our nursery manager by clicking here.
Once the lock-down is over, we’ll go back to operating as two separate nurseries again.
In the mean time, please be careful, practise social distancing, stay well and keep safe.